Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What's New on your iPad

 Many of you use the lower school iPad account on your teacher ipads.  What you may not realize (unless you're Julie, who has my go-to iPad) is that I'm regularly adding apps to the account and you can download into your iPad if you wish.  I'm always on the lookout for iPad apps that are either recommended or are listed as free for the day (who doesn't love a bargain!).  You can access these apps by opening the app store icon, clicking on Purchased Apps  - on the toolbar at the bottom - and then selecting apps not on my iPad from the top of the screen.  Here are some recent ones that you might want to check out:
Lil' Red and the Lazy Coyote, which is an eBook parody of Little Red Riding Hood.
ABC Phonics rhyming words is more for the beginning reader - a game-like format where students match rhyming words.  I like it because it feels more in line with our analogy approach to reading that many of the beginning reader apps out there.
Mitzi's World is a beautiful app based on a book by the same name - it's I Spy meets Grandma Moses, with items to look for within folk art paintings.  Perhaps a good app to project onto the smartboard during an indoor recess?  Speaking of which, you might want to check out some of the other apps already loaded in the "health" block for more indoor recess ideas.
iPad Screenshot 1
And finally, Blogger - yes, there's an app for it!  I think you should be able to access my blog from your ipad with this app, although you can also go through symbaloo.
Do you have any favorite apps that I should be adding to the collection?


No comments:

Post a Comment