Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Following someone's blog on Blogger

Here's something to try!  As a member of Blogger, you can start adding other blogs to your "reading list" and Blogger will do the work of listing the beginnings of new posts - you can decide from the intro whether you want to click on the link and read the full post.
How to:  When you open your Blogger account, you should get your "dashboard" and you will see something called Reading Lists, and below it a button called "add."  When you click on the button, they ask you for a URL, which is the address line of the blog.  Copy the URL from a blog, paste it into the spot, click follow, and voila!  you are following a blog.
Here are a couple suggestions for a blog to follow:
our very own librarian!  Notes from the Benchmark Library
blogs on mindfulness and critical thinking in education: TeachThought or   Modern Mindfulness
here's an interesting looking one on social studies and technology:  History Tech
or this one:  Teaching the Civil War with technology
You can also re-visit the 2014 award-winning classroom blogs  and choose one to follow. One that Trina commented on was Mrs. Moore's class blog



2 comments:

  1. If any of you want to share your blog links, I'm happy to post them - and sign up for them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joyce.
    I followed Trina's blog, Leslie's blog, and the "free tech" one you follow. Now we will see if I can do anything suggested by the blogs. Your animated mug one was fun, and I know the kids might want to try it. I am thinking about your question about educational value.
    (By the way, I had to enable 3rd party cookies to be allowed to comment on blogger using my mac at home, so I finally figured it out.)

    ReplyDelete