Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Blogging and Art

I just read the post Helping students respond to art in a museum from TeachThought,  The teacher helped students interact with art in a museum by either describing the art, drawing a picture of the art, or telling a story from the art.  While we don't bring the students to museums too often, it did remind me of the Google Art Project extension I have on my computer, which brings up a new work of art each day as I open new tab.  What about turning that art into a blogging activity?  Students view the painting, then respond with a sentence or two describing something in the painting, or telling a story about what is happening in the picture, asking a question about the painting, or maybe a message the artist was trying to give.  Here is a recent work of art - how would you respond?

No comments:

Post a Comment